ESL A1 level
ESL A2 level
ESL B1 level
ESL B2 level
Please pay attention to the meaning of the sentence and choose the most appropriate adverb of frequency.
Page 1 of 3
1. Adele loves flowers. She ____ stays long in the terrace to look at her garden.
2. My brother likes cleanliness. He ____ takes a shower every day.
3. I _____ eat meat because I hate the taste.
Page 2 of 3
4. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate word in the correct form.
frequently | monthly | occasionally | seldom | weekly
I pay with cash because it is not safe.
Do you read ?
She works and she travels .
I see my boss every month because we have meeting .
She goes to the gym .
5. Which is the correct sentence? (Indefinite frequency)
6. Which is the correct sentence? (Definite frequency)
7. Which is the correct sentence? (Indefinite frequency)
8. Which is the correct sentence? (Definite frequency)
9. Which is the correct sentence? (Definite frequency)
Page 3 of 3
10. Adverbs of indefinite frequency are used to express the idea about the frequency, but don't show information of exactly how often something happens.
Adverbs of definite frequency are used to express exactly how often something happens.
12. Adverbs of frequency are also used as adverbs of time, to describe how often/frequently something happens.
13. Adverbs of frequency give information about the event.
14. The most commonly used adverbs of definite frequency are: now and then, seldom, occasionally, frequently, regularly, constantly…