ESL A1 level
ESL A2 level
ESL B1 level
ESL B2 level
Please choose the correct form of verb to make a meaningful sentence.
Page 1 of 3
1. This month we ____ (be) to London four times.
2. We _____ (not/watch) Star Wars movie last week.
3. ___ she ___ (try) this food already?
Page 2 of 3
4. The present perfect and past simple are the same in meaning and form.
5. We use past simple to express short/long finished actions and events, repeated events and habits which occurred in the past, with finished time expressions (two weeks ago, last year, in 2010, yesterday…).
6. We use present perfect to express short/long unfinished actions and events, past situations with results in the present, with unfinished time expressions (this month, today, this year…).
Page 3 of 3
7. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate word in the correct form.
didn't/did not | hasn't/has not | have | Have | lived | played
I in Spain for 2 years.
I in Rome for 4 years, now I live in Madrid.
She the guitar in 2 years.
He play the guitat, but he started playing thi week.
they together for a year?
8. Which is the correct sentence? (Affirmative)
9. Which is the correct sentence? (Affirmative)
10. Which is the correct sentence? (Negative)
11. Which is the correct sentence? (Interrogative)
12. Which is the correct sentence? (Negative)