ESL A1 level
ESL A2 level
ESL B1 level
ESL B2 level
Please pay attention to the meaning of the sentence and choose the correct preposition.
Page 1 of 3
1. These cars belong ___ my father.
2. She is a friend ___ mine
3. The girl ___ the red hat is my little sister.
Page 2 of 3
4. Which is the correct sentence?
5. Which is the correct sentence?
6. Which is the correct sentence?
7. Which is the correct sentence?
8. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate word in the correct form.
of | to | with
Rome is the capital Italy.
They speak a french accent.
These books belong me.
She's a friend mine.
He's the boy my dreams.
9. Which is the correct sentence?
Page 3 of 3
10. We use prepositions of possession to highlight a relationship of ownership and possession.
11. To is used to express belonging (belong to).
12. With is used with physical characteristics, accents, objects/materials/animals.
13. Of is used with countries, cities, people, possessive pronouns.
14. Prepositions of possession are used to express that something belongs to only a person.