ESL A1 level
ESL A2 level
ESL B1 level
ESL B2 level
Please pay attention to the meaning of the sentence and choose the correct preposition of place.
Page 1 of 3
1. She hung a picture ____ the fireplace. (at a higher level)
2. There is a cow ___ the fountain. (at a short distance away)
3. The cat is ____ two boxes. (in the space that separates two objects.)
Page 2 of 3
4. Prepositions are small words that connect sentences.
5. The most commonly used are: here, there, downstairs, upstairs, inside, outside, indoors, outdoors, anywhere, abroad…
6. The prepositions of place are used to express the position of things in terms of location.
Page 3 of 3
7. Which is the correct sentence?
8. Which is the correct sentence?
9. Which is the correct sentence?
10. Which is the correct sentence?
11. Which is the correct sentence?
12. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate word in the correct form.
above | between | near | next | under
The guest room is to the corridor.
The electric oven is the fridge.
The carpet is the table.
The washing machine is the fridge.
The garden is two houses.