ESL A1 level
ESL A2 level
ESL B1 level
ESL B2 level
Please choose the function of the imperative sentence.
Page 1 of 2
1. We use imperatives to give orders (in most cases, with the exclamation mark at the end of the sentence).
2. We use imperatives to give instructions.
3. The imperative is used in affirmative and negative forms. Affirmative imperatives are used to motivate or force someone to do something; while we use negative imperatives to prevent someone from doing something.
4. We use imperatives to make an invitation (it is only used in the affirmative form).
5. We use imperatives to on signs/notices.
6. We use imperatives to give advice.
7. We use imperatives to express things that we like.
8. The imperative mood implies the use of the first person (singular and plural).
9. We use imperatives to connect words, phrases, clauses and sentences and show relations between them.
Page 2 of 2
10. Which is the correct sentence?
11. Which is the correct sentence?
12. Which is the correct sentence?
13. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate word(s).
don't buy | don't listen | have | insert | open
this car. It’s too expensive.
your books on page 40.
to them; you can do what you want.
14. Which is the correct sentence?
15. Please, press the button below.
16. Which is the correct sentence?