ESL A1 level
ESL A2 level
ESL B1 level
ESL B2 level
Please choose the correct affirmative version of the verbs in Present Simple.
Page 1 of 2
Which is the correct sentence? (Permanent situations)
Which is the correct sentence? (Planned future)
3. Complete each dialogue using the appropriate words in the correct form.
boil | go | have | know | leave | promise | start | take
A: you your new job next week?
B: No, I . I this week.
A: you when the train ?
B: Yes, I . It at 11:23.
A: Great! you this train often?
B: Yes. I always to work on this train.
A: Hey, tell me about yesterday.
B: So, we to a great restaurant, dinner and a really nice conversation. It was great!
A: Oh, that's so nice.
A: I can't believe you broke my favourite mug.
B: I'm sorry. I I'll buy you the same one.
A: Okay, no problem.
A: How could you get this question wrong? Water boil at 80ºC.
B: Doesn't it?
A: No! It at 100ºC.
Which is the correct sentence? (Facts)
Which is the correct sentence? (Timetables)
6. Fill in the blanks with the correct affirmative form of the verb in the present simple.
eat | leave | live | recover | start | transform | work
She in Istanbul.
They pasta everyday.
Teachers at a school.
I my new job on 17th September.
The train at 7 o'clock.
Real Madrid from two goals down.
The beast into a prince.
7. Which is the correct sentence? (Habits/Routines)
Page 2 of 2
8. Present simple, in its affirmative form, is used to confirm timetables (planned events with given exact time).
9. Present simple, in its affirmative form, is used to confirm planned future (planned events with given exact date).
10. Present simple, in its affirmative form, is used to confirm habits/routines (something that happens repeatedly in the present).
11. We use the Present simple, in the affirmative form, to confirm: actions, situations and events that occurred and finished in the past.
12. We use the present simple, in the affirmative form, to confirm: repeated events and habits that took place in the past.