ESL A1 level
ESL A2 level
ESL B1 level
ESL B2 level
Please pay attention to the meaning of the sentence and choose the correct adverb.
Page 1 of 3
1. He could not walk ____ after drinking a bottle of wine.
2. He was ___ hurt in the accident.
3. The tourist info office gives good service. The officer ____ answered my questions.
Page 2 of 3
4. Which is the correct sentence?
5. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate word in the correct form.
early | friendly | laudly | quietly | too | very | well
You speak English .
He opened the door .
She is .
They are talking .
I usually arrive .
6. Which is the correct sentence?
7. Which is the correct sentence?
8. Which is the correct sentence?
9. Which is the correct sentence?
Page 3 of 3
10. Adverbs of manner always come before a verb.
11. Adverbs of manner are formed by adding -ed to the adjective.
12. Adverbs of manner can be used with very to add emphasis to adjectives and adverbs that are able to be graded.
13. Adverbs of manner are used to express the way or how something happens or is done.
14. Adverbs of manner can be used with too to mean more than wanted, more than necessary or more than enough.