ESL A1 level
ESL A2 level
ESL B1 level
ESL B2 level
Please choose the correct preposition of time for a meaningful sentence.
Page 1 of 2
1. Prepositions of time make it possible to locate an event in a specific moment or period.
2. Prepositions of time are used to express the location of something or someone.
3. In is used to with months, years, centuries, seasons, the morning, the afternoon, the evening.
4. At is used to with exact times (the moment, sunrise, noon, night, midnight, hours), special holiday periods (Christmas*, Easter…), weekend.
5. We use prepositions of time to locate an event in a space frame.
6. By is used to with time-limited actions, projects with deadline, time of someone's return.
7. On is used to with days of the week (Monday, Saturday, Wednesday…), dates and specific part of the day (on Sunday morning).
Page 2 of 2
8. Which is the correct sentence?
9. Which is the correct sentence?
10. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate word.
at | by | in | on
I wake up 7 o'clock every day.
I usually clean the house and do the shopping Saturdays.
The world will be a better place 22nd century.
I will give you more time to finish this project Monday.
We usually go away weekends.
They were born 8th May.
The new film will be out August.
We always see each other Christmas.
11. Which is the correct sentence?
12. Which is the correct sentence?
13. Which is the correct sentence?