ESL A1 level
ESL A2 level
ESL B1 level
ESL B2 level
Please choose the correct interrogative form of the verbs in Past Continuous tense.
Page 1 of 2
1. (Which is the correct sentence? (Uninterrupted action in progress for a while)
2. Which is the correct sentence? (Past simultaneous actions)
3. Which is the correct sentence? (Repeated or annoying action)
4. Which is the correct sentence? (Length of period of time in the past)
5. Which is the correct sentence? (Longer background action interrupted by a shorter one)
6. Which is the correct sentence? (Event occurring at an exact time in the past)
7. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate word in the correct form.
cry | do | run | study | talk
he in the park when you called him?
the kids their homework while their parents were cooking the dinner?
Maria always late at night to get good grades?
I always very loud?
you last night?
8. Which is the correct sentence? (Sequence of actions which occurred in the past)
Page 2 of 2
9. We use the past continuous tense, in its interrogative form, to ask about events or activities taking place in the past. We usually intend to show that they lasted for a long time.
10. Past continuous is used in the sequence of actions which occurred in the past (usually used to describe a situation in which different events were happening at the same time).
11. The past continuous (or progressive) is the tense used to express situations that take place in the future.
12. Past continuous is used in the repeated or annoying action (with always or similar expressions that suggest the idea of a repeated event).
13. The past continuous, in its interrogative form is used after subject.