ESL A1 level
ESL A2 level
ESL B1 level
ESL B2 level
Please choose the correct form of "Should" or "Ought To" to make a meaningful sentence.
Page 1 of 3
1. We ought to be ready at 2 o'clock. = We ____ ready at 2 o'clock.
2. You should consider buying a new car. = You _____ buying a new car.
3. You should prepare your food before dinner. = You _____ your food before dinner.
Page 2 of 3
4. Should is used much more often and it is less formal than ought to. Ought to is almost never used in interrogative and negative form.
5. Both ought to and should are always followed by the gerund.
6. Both ought to and should have a very similar meaning and one can replace the other. They can be considered not to be as strong as must.
Page 3 of 3
7. Which is the correct sentence?
8. Which is the correct sentence?
9. Which is the correct sentence?
10. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate word in the correct form.
ought | Should | should | should not/shouldn't
We leave soon.
You to visit the British museum when you are in London.
we call the police?
We to have a party to celebrate Kate's birthday.
You ride a motorbike without a helmet.
11. Which is the correct sentence?
12. Which is the correct sentence?