ESL A1 level
ESL A2 level
ESL B1 level
ESL B2 level
Please choose the correct negative form of the verbs using Past Continuous Tense.
Page 1 of 3
1. We use the past continuous tense, in its negative form, to deny events or activities taking place in the past. We usually intend to show that they lasted for a long time.
Page 2 of 3
2. Which is the correct sentence? (Event occurring at an exact time in the past)
3. Which is the correct sentence? (Repeated or annoying action)
4. Which is the correct sentence? (Uninterrupted action in progress for a while)
5. Which is the correct sentence? (Past simultaneous actions)
6. Which is the correct sentence? (Sequence of actions which occurred in the past)
7. Which is the correct sentence? (Longer background action interrupted by a shorter one)
8. WHich is the correct sentence? (Length of time period in the past)
9. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate word in the correct form.
cross | sleep | talk | walk | watch
The woman the street when the accident happened.
When she returned from work, the children .
We TV on high volume late at night.
I in the park at 7 o'clock.
He to you.
Page 3 of 3
10. When expressed in its negative form, the verb confirms that something was happening in a past period of time.
11. Past continuous is used in the length of time period in the past (event in progress in the past during an extended period of time).
12. Past continuous is used in past simultaneous actions (two events happened at the same time).
13. The past continuous, in its negative form, is used before the subject.