ESL A1 level
ESL A2 level
ESL B1 level
ESL B2 level
Please choose the correct relative pronoun to make a meaningful sentence.
Page 1 of 3
1. The house____ he lives now is not far from our factory.
2. The gift shop ____ John bought my present is not open.
3. The summer ____ I worked as babysitter was really hot.
4. The day ____ the greengrocer had an accident was my birthday.
Page 2 of 3
5. We use when to find out the time of the action described in a sentence.
6. We use where to discover the place of the action described in a sentence.
7. They refer to place and time by replacing the object expressed in the main clause to avoid the repetition of it in the relative clauses.
8. Where and when are used before nouns.
9. Where and when are used to introduce relative clauses.
Page 3 of 3
10. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate word in the correct form.
when | where
This is the entreprise I work.
This is the hotel she booked for a week.
I remember the day I met him for the first time.
My favorite moment at work is break time, I can have coffee.
Do you remember the place we park the car?
11. Which is the correct sentence?
12. Which is the correct sentence?
13. Which is the correct sentence?
14. Which is the correct sentence?
15. Which is the correct sentence?